VPG is a leading non-profit organisation committed to improving child and youth transitions. VPG is looking for dynamic and energetic staff member to deliver our Australian and State Government Youth Transition Programs. To find out more about VPG visit www.vpginc.com.au
VPG has an opportunity for a Youth Engagement Worker (Indigenous Identified) to join our Yarrabah Team. This position is part-time up to 21hrs per week for a fixed term period of 1 year.
In this role, you will identify and engage young people 15-21 years, supporting them towards achieving their aspirations. Your role is about building relationships and promoting the collaboration and engagement of community to progress young peoples opportunities. You will highly resilient, have excellent interpersonal skills and genuinely enjoy helping young people achieve success.
Don’t apply through seek – follow the instructions below.
VPG is offering a remuneration package consisting of pro rata salary ( Up to $55,000) + super pro rata and the opportunity to increase the value of your take-home pay with NFP salary sacrifice options.
You will also be provided with the opportunity for ongoing professional development and supervision within a highly experienced team.
Mandatory Role Requirements
1. To identify as Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander (this is viewed as a genuine occupational requirement)
2. Strong connections to and within the Yarrabah Community would be considered extremely advantageous.
2. Certificate III or IV in Youth Services, Community Services or similar. (Life experience is not sufficient to meet this requirement)
3. Current QLD Drivers Licence (Transporting of young people is required)
4. Suitability Card for Child Related Employment & Clear Federal Police Check
These are mandatory role requirements and applications that must address these requirements to be considered.
VPG considers that being Aboriginal or Torres Strait Islander is a genuine occupational requirement for this position under S25 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1991 (QLD).
Download the Application Document from the VPG Website – www.vpginc.com.au
All applicants must submit their applications by email to our Executive Assistant, Angela Wienert, email@example.com
You will only be considered by providing the following information in your application:
1. Current Resume with a Professional & Community Referee
2. Copies of all qualifications held
3. A covering letter indicating why you’re interested in the role.
We conduct interviews during business hours 8:30am – 5pm. Please note that only short-listed candidates will be contacted regarding their application
Tagged as: Identified Position, QLD
Your new organisation At Merri Health, we strive to enrich diverse communities through the provision of quality health care and...Apply For This Job
Part Time – 2 days Hillsdale Location. Close to public transport Use a capacity building approach in delivery of Aboriginal programs...Apply For This Job
This is a demo store for testing purposes — no orders shall be fulfilled. Dismiss