ATSI Careers is an online jobs directory which enables employers to advertise employment opportunities.
It is important to note that ATSI Careers Pty Ltd does not vet, review or select candidates who apply for opportunities posted on ATSI Careers website, and has no obligation to do so.
It is the responsibility of the employer, agency or third-party recruiter (as the case may be) to ensure that any advertisements submitted by them comply with these terms and conditions.
Please review the following terms and conditions prior to listing your advertisement on the website. In placing your advertisement on ATSI Careers website, you are deemed to have accepted these terms and conditions.
If you require clarification regarding any of these terms and guidelines, please email email@example.com.
Please note that the omission of details required by these guidelines or failure to comply with these terms and conditions in their entirety will result in slowing the approval process, and may result in your advertisement being rejected or withdrawn.
All job ads submitted must comply with Commonwealth and state/territory laws
Anti-discrimination law prohibits advertisements that indicate an intention to discriminate on unlawful grounds, including:
- Marital status
- Ethnic or ethno-religious background
- Sexual preference
- Transgender status
- Family responsibilities
- Descent or national identity
- Political conviction
Further information regarding anti-discrimination laws can be found on the Australian Human Rights Commission website at www.hreoc.gov.au
Pay rates must comply with current legislation and applicable industrial instruments (such as a Modern Award). Information about employing staff and rates of pay can be found as follows:
- Fair Work Australia at fwa.gov.au
- Fair Work Ombudsman – essential information for all employers at fwo.gov.au
- Fair Work Online – includes information about pay scales and conditions fairwork.gov.au
- Fair Work Information Line on 1300 799 675
- NSW Office of Industrial Relations at industrialrelations.nsw.gov.au
Consumer law requires that job advertisements must not be liable to mislead persons seeking employment in relation to the availability, nature, terms or conditions of employment or any other matter relating to the employment being offered.
All employers, agencies and third-party recruiters must provide:
- The name of the individual or organisation advertising the job vacancy.
- The name and contact details (phone and email) of a contact person.
- An adequate description of the nature of the work being offered.
This should include:
- Job title
- Description / duties
- Skills required
- Experience required
- Hours offered
- Rate of pay
- Application closing date
Any costs to potential job applicants e.g. required training for the position, or the requirement for the job applicants to have, or to obtain, an ABN must be clearly outlined in the advertisement.
Disclosing Pay Rates
- A numeric figure or range. Note, as outlined above, employers, agencies and third-party recruiters must ensure compliance with legislation and any applicable industrial instrument.
- While ATSI Careers Pty Ltd takes no responsibility for assessing or checking pay rates provided, if we believe a rate of pay may not comply with legislation or an applicable industrial instrument, the individual or organisation may be required to provide us with the Award code relevant to the advertised position.
- In the event that an individual or organisation has a policy against publishing pay rates on job advertisements, the hourly rate/range of pay must be provided to us in writing at firstname.lastname@example.org. This information will be retained for our records, but will not be published as part of the job advertisement.
- Please refer to Fair Work Ombudsman – Award Finder for more information on Awards, including Award codes and correct rates of pay.
Special additional conditions for recruitment agencies and other third-party recruiters
- Recruitment agencies and third-party recruiters are required to provide the name and address of the individual or organisation for which they are recruiting.
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd will not disclose the name of the individual client or client organisation unless required to do so by law or at the behest of the recruitment agency or third-party recruiter.
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd will not publish any job advertisement which requires/requests payment by potential job applicants in exchange for their placement in any capacity.
- Job advertisement should be for an individual, specific and genuine job vacancy.
- Expressions of interest may be accepted where it is known that a position will be available. Acceptance will be determined after direct consultation with the employer. These types of roles must be clearly labelled as such and posted under the search category “Expression of Interest”
Voluntary work or unpaid work experience
- All advertisements for voluntary work, unpaid internships or work experience will be subject to approval by ATSI Careers Pty Ltd staff before being advertised
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd staff may refuse to accept advertisements where there is any reasonable concern that the voluntary work, unpaid internship or work experience does not comply with applicable law, including the Fair Work Act 2009.
- Voluntary work opportunities offered by not-for-profit and community organisations are accepted for advertising, following the guidelines of Volunteering Australia.
- Employers are encouraged to review the guidelines around unpaid internships and work experience to structure their internships appropriately. Information is available at: http://www.fairwork.gov.au/pay/unpaid-work/work-experience-and-internships
ATSI Careers Pty Ltd will not accept advertisements for the following:
- Commission-only jobs.
- Work involving any unpaid training / trial periods, or reduced pay for such periods, except where a Federal or State Award makes allowances for such arrangements.
- Work involving any illegal activity.
- Work which requires potential job applicants to purchase a product or service, or to offer a security deposit or similar payment as a condition of employment.
- Opportunities which are not genuine employment opportunities.
- Placements which require potential applicants to pay for the placement, whether the work is paid or voluntary.
- Work where the advertisement is unclear about the rate of pay, or states a rate of pay which is below the national minimum wage.
ATSI Careers Pty Ltd reserves the right to withdraw or refuse any advertisement for any reason. In particular, this right may be exercised where, in our opinion, any of the following has occurred:
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd has a reasonable concern regarding non-compliance with any of these terms and guidelines or any applicable law or regulation.
- Misleading or incorrect information has been provided by the individual or organisation.
- A complaint about the individual or organisation which placed the advertisement has been received.
- The job opportunity or language used in the advertisement is considered to be inappropriate.
- The advertisement may, is likely to, or does, damage or lower the reputation or standing of our site.
Obligations of employers, agencies and third-party recruiters
All employers, agencies and third-party recruiters using ATSI Careers website warrant and agree to the following:
- they have the legal capacity to agree to be bound by these terms and guidelines and perform the obligations imposed by them.
- advertisements posted by them will comply with all applicable laws and these terms and guidelines and they will not use ATSI Careers website for any illegal purpose
- advertisements posted by them will comply with all applicable laws and these terms and guidelines and they will not use ATSI Careers website for any illegal purpose.
- advertisements submitted to ATSI Careers website do not breach any intellectual property rights of any person or company.
- to indemnify ATSI Careers Pty Ltd against all actions, claims, demands, proceedings, suits, costs, damages, expenses, liabilities and losses (including any legal costs and expenses) arising from or incidental to any claim made against ATSI Careers Pty Ltd in connection with: (i) any breach of these terms and guidelines by the employer, agency or third party recruiter (as the case may be); (ii) any negligence on the part of the employer, agency or third party recruiter; (iii) the publishing of any advertisement on ATSI Careers website; and (iv) any actual or alleged breach by the employer, agency or third party recruiter of any applicable law which occurs as a result of an advertisement appearing on ATSI Careers website.
Limitation of liability and disclaimers by ATSI Careers Pty Ltd
- To the maximum extent permitted by law, ATSI Careers Pty Ltd will not be liable for any loss or damage (including any indirect, economic, special or consequential loss or damage, or any loss of revenue or profit) suffered or incurred by any employer, agency or third-party recruiter, arising out of or in connection with their use of ATSI Careers website.
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for the content of any advertisements, including for any errors in any advertisements that are posted on ATSI Careers website. However, in the event that an employer, agency or third-party recruiter notifies ATSI Careers Pty Ltd that an advertisement posted by it contains an error, ATSI Careers Pty Ltd agrees that it will make reasonable efforts to correct any such an error within a reasonable timeframe of being notified.
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility or liability for any failure of an employer, agency or third-party recruiter to comply with all laws that are applicable to job advertisements posted by them on ATSI Careers website.
- ATSI Careers Pty Ltd accepts no responsibility for, and makes no warranties or representations about, the suitability of any candidates who apply for jobs posted on ATSI Careers website.
Please note that the omission of details required by these guidelines or failure to comply with these terms and guidelines in their entirety and may result in your advertisement being rejected or withdrawn.
ATSI Careers Pty Ltd is committed to providing you with the best possible customer service experience. ATSI Careers Pty Ltd is bound by the Privacy Act 1988 (Cth), which sets out a number of principles concerning the privacy of individuals.
Collection of your personal information
There are many aspects of the site which can be viewed without providing personal information, however, for access to job posting features you are required to submit personally identifiable information. This may include but not limited to a unique username and password, or provide sensitive information in the recovery of your lost password.
Sharing of your personal information
We may occasionally hire other companies to provide services on our behalf, including but not limited to handling customer support enquiries. Those companies will be permitted to obtain only the personal information they need to deliver the service. ATSI Careers Pty Ltd takes reasonable steps to ensure that these organisations are bound by confidentiality and privacy obligations in relation to the protection of your personal information.
Use of your personal information
For each visitor to reach the site, we expressively collect the following non-personally identifiable information, including but not limited to browser type, version and language, operating system, pages viewed while browsing the Site, page access times and referring website address. This collected information is used solely internally for the purpose of gauging visitor traffic, trends and delivering personalized content to you while you are at this Site.
From time to time, we may use customer information for new, unanticipated uses not previously disclosed in our privacy notice. If our information practices change at some time in the future we will use for these new purposes only, data collected from the time of the policy change forward will adhere to our updated practices.
Accessing Your Personal Information
You have a right to access your personal information, subject to exceptions allowed by law. If you would like to do so, please let us know. You may be required to put your request in writing for security reasons.
Call: 02 6189 1000
ATSI Careers Pty Ltd
PO Box 140
Fyshwick ACT 2609